Chicken Noodle Soup


I grew up with my mom making this soup for us.  It isn't anything fancy...but the noodles, oh the noodles...they are what make this soup so awesome.  I made this soup for Nathan and I on the day we were stuck at home because of the blizzard.  I had more chicken so I decided to make another batch, with a few little changes. 

What you'll need:
4 large Chicken breasts
3/4 C diced onions
1 tsp celery salt
3 Tbs minced garlic
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
2 C sliced carrots
2 C sliced celery
4 eggs
4 - 1/2 egg shell full of water
1 tsp salt
2 C Flour

What you'll do:
Put the chicken in a large stock pot and add onions, celery salt, oregano, garlic and Old Bay Seasoning.  Cover with water and boil until chicken is cooked.


Wait, you've never heard of Old Bay Seasoning??  You should get some.  It goes in everything.


Pull chicken out, put veggies in the broth.  While the veggies cook, shred the chicken.   You can shred the chicken with your fingers, but I use two forks and just pull the chicken apart.


Put the chicken back in the pot.  Bring to a boil.
Prepare the noodles.  Crack 4 eggs, save one 1/2 shell.  Add salt and four 1/2 shell fulls of water.


Slowly add flour until dough forms a ball.  Roll out dough, cut noodles.  Let noodles sit for 5 minutes.


Drop noodles into boiling soup.  Let noodles cook about 5 minutes.
Serves 6.

1 comment:

  1. I love homemade noodles. Yum.
    You are making me want to make another dinner at 9pm. :)

    ReplyDelete