Strawberry Banana Bread

This is a yummy, sweet bread I like to make in the spring. 

What you'll need:
5 medium bananas, smashed (should be about 1.5 C)
1 C sugar
1/2 C oil
2 eggs
2 C flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 C chopped strawberries

What you'll do:
Preheat oven to 350.
Mix bananas, sugar, eggs & oil.  Don't mix until it's soupy...make sure the bananas still are a little lumpy. 
Mix in flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.  Stir until just mixed...again, don't get too vigorous with the mixing...you don't want banana soup. 
Stir in the strawberries.  I do this by hand because I don't want the strawberries to get all mangled.  

Spoon batter into bread pan (I like to use my mini four loaf pan from Pampered Chef).  
Bake for 35 minutes for mini loaf pan, 55 mins for a large pan (9x5x3) or 45 mins for two medium sized pans (7x3x2)


No comments:

Post a Comment